The online Master of Science in Yoga is designed to deepen your undestanding of advanced Yoga types, aquired during the first 208 weeks (Associate and Bachelor Degrees) and includes additionally practical courses on Business Administartion and other subjects, related to Yoga teaching.
You will earn 40 credits over the course of 104 weeks. Students develop a broad foundation in rare and complex theoretical as well as practical yoga aspects, including insight into advanced teaching course, marketing and yoga brending, preparation of educators, advanced research and scholarship and finish up with a Master Thesis in form of an educational book.
Structured with a specific selection of exclusive courses, the program strives to reflect the contemporary yoga teaching landscape and issues impacting preparation of yoga educators.
Students graduate having engaged in theory-to-practice learning that
enables them to meaningfully contribute to their roles as leading yoga teachers, consultants and advanced instructors.
Candidates choose to enroll in one of the following specializations, engaging in coursework centered on methods and techniques specific to the particular subject:
- Yoga of Action and Work - Karma Yoga plus Yoga of Touch - Nyasa Yoga.
- Yoga of Knowledgement, Axiomatics of Yoga - Djnana Yoga and Yoga of Dreams, exploration during sleep.
- Yoga of Management - Raja Yoga and Yoga of Visualization, Imagination.
- Yoga of Fidelity - Bhakti Yoga and Yoga of Visual Objects - Yantra yoga.
- Meditation - Dhyana Yoga and Yoga of Hidden Energy - Kundalini Yoga.
- Yoga of Sound Vibrations - Mantra Yoga plus Yoga of Money, Prosperity and Wealth - Artha Yoga.
- Yogic Breathing - Pranayama yoga plus The Vedas, Vedic Knowledge, The Foundation of Yoga.
With the guidance and support from our faculty, you’ll become the life-changing yoga teacher and consultant. If you wish to become a professional yoga educator, seeking to deepen your pedagogical content knowledge while you work, this degree program is for you.
Cost per Credit
$600 per credit
$2.400 (4 credits)
$60 per Credit
Student Services Fee
$60 per Semester
The Open Yoga University online Master’s Degree completion program consists of 104-weeks online learning.
After the Master’s
Degree program, you will be able to hold yoga classes, webinars, conferencies and other events on rare, advanced and complex yoga subjects, to carry theoretical lecturing and
meditation classes professionally as well as educate yoga instructors yourself. You will become a certified Yoga Educator, Teacher and Consultant with advanced Business Administration skills.
The Master’s Degree Program seeks candidates for admission who are academically well qualified and fully prepared to successfully maximize this unique pedagogical approach. The program is designed for mature and motivated adult learners who desire to complete this program within a virtual community of similarly high-achieving individuals. Candidates for admission should be ready to make a commitment to this selective program and participate in rigorous courses with students like themselves.
The admissions committee considers far more than prior academic records to select students that meets our ideals. While reviewing candidates, the committee will look for:
- Successfully completed Bachelor Degree (120 credits)
- Filled and handed application form with all required documents
- Work/professional activities (also in teaching Yoga practice) indicating maturity and appropriate motivation
- Demonstrated commitment to complete this program
The admissions committee will also consider the applicant’s life experiences and professional activities as an indication of preparedness to commit and engage in this program.
To learn more or to contact an enrollment advisor before you get started, request information using the button below and tell us a little about yourself. Someone will be in touch to answer any questions you may have about the program and detail the next steps in earning your degree. You can also start your application or register for a course at Open Yoga University.